*** Please download, OR, pay-what-you-want, all proceeds go to JT Fitzgerald's cancer treatment funds! Let's get rid of that which ails our friends!***
1. Maps – 2004 – France, Italy, Netherlands
2. Words Hang Heavy – 2004 – France, Italy, Netherlands
3. Storytelling – 2005 – Little Yellow Bird
4. Slow Talk – 2005 – Little Yellow Bird
5. Winter Skin – 2005 – Little Yellow Bird
6. Now That It’s Documented, Can We Please Just Forget About It? – 2006 – Little Yellow Bird
7. Yeah, It Must Have Been Memorable – 2006 – Little Yellow Bird
8. Dance Hall – 2006 – Little Yellow Bird
9. Old One – 2008 – Ex-Girlfriends
10. Two – 2011 – Light Feelings
11. Something – 2011 – Light Feelings
12. My Apocalypse – 2012 – Light Feelings
13. S’Jam – 2012 – Travis Johansen
14. Slender Hands – 2012 – Light Feelings
15. Skin – 2013 – Light Feelings
16. Untitled Song in D – 2014 – Light Feelings
17. 902102 – 2014 – Light Feelings
18. Small Town Blues – 2014 – Light Feelings
All songs written, recorded and performed by Travis Johansen except:
Maps: Written by Brian Chase, Karen Lee Orzolek and Nick Zinner (the Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Old One (Basement Demo): Drums by Trevor Amesmith, Bass by Henry Argetsinger
My Apocalypse: Recorded by Cory Card
902102 and Small Town Blues: Recording and drums by Billy Martin
If anyone cares; some liner notes:
I made these songs between 2004 and 2014. They are a neat little ten-year testament to that time. Some of these are messy and sound terrible, but it’s time to let them be heard and then put most of them to bed.
It’s time to say goodbye to 2016, and hello to 2017, and let the past go.
A little about the “bands”:
France, Italy, Netherlands was my very first home recording endeavor on Cool Edit Pro ’95 (Hi, Windows ‘95). I think I read the name in a history book in high school and liked it enough to use it into my first few years of college.
Little Yellow Bird was my one-man-band project in college. I always hated the sound of my voice on recordings and the sappy lyrics I’d write (there are plenty here), but I thought I came up with a few sonically unique ideas every now and then. I recorded and released two proper albums and an EP as follows: Traditional Pop Arrangements and the Like, Currently Untitled, and Lemons/Hearts
Ex-Girlfriends was a band I started, that only had one practice, which was unfortunate since I liked the guys and the tunes. “Old One” was a song I wrote in college around 2005/6 but still like it to this day and have played it live with my most recent band.
S’Jam was an exploration I wrote when I first joined Joywave and wanted to learn how to use a DAW interface to a more full and technological extent. To this day, I am still a very amateur user. I prefer tracking everything “by hand” as it feels, and comes, much more natural to me. This track doesn’t fit along side anything else I’ve recorded, but I think it has a certain ethereal quality to it.
Light Feelings is my vehicle for writing my own songs, usually alone. I have stuck with the name for a while, mostly because I have never grown to hate it. Billy was the first person to record my voice in a way where I didn’t cringe. We used an SM7B, and I think that might be why.
released December 24, 2016
all rights reserved